COLLEGE ORCHESTRA DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION
2013 NATIONAL CONFERENCE
at the BALDWIN-WALLACE COLLEGE CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC, CLEVELAND (Berea), OHIO
CALL FOR PERFORMING GROUPS
CODA is requesting applications for guest orchestras to perform for the 2013
National Conference to take place January 17-19, 2013. This is a wonderful performance opportunity for your orchestra on a national stage before an audience of expert and very supportive colleagues.
Requirements and other information:
• The conductor must be a member of CODA
• The ensemble must be primarily composed of college students
• It is the responsibility of the selected orchestra to cover all related expenses
• The performance at the conference would be approximately 45-60 minutes (specific time will be at the discretion of the conference committee).
• Typically one to three orchestras are chosen
Application—please submit the following:
1. Three copies of a CD from a live performance(s) of the orchestra (limit to 60 minutes, please). The CD should be labeled only with the repertoire performed (no words identifying the orchestra or conductor).
2. A cover letter on college letterhead including the following:
• Complete contact information
• Possible repertoire you would be performing
• A brief description of the type of orchestra (i.e. all-undergraduate, mix of graduate and undergraduate, mix of college and community members, etc.), including the name of the orchestra, the ratio of college to non-college musicians in the orchestra, and an estimate of the number of players by next January
• A brief bio of the conductor
• If available, a photograph of the orchestra for promotion purposes in the event the orchestra is chosen to perform
Applications will be screened by a committee.
Complete application materials must be received by June 1, 2012 to be given consideration.
Dr. Daniel Sommerville;
Wheaton College-Conservatory of Music
501 College Ave.
Wheaton, IL 60187.
Applications received after June 1 will not be accepted. Selected orchestras will be notified no later than July 1, 2012.