COLLEGE ORCHESTRA DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION 2013 NATIONAL CONFERENCE
BALDWIN-WALLACE CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC
CLEVELAND [BEREA] OHIO
CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS
CODA is requesting proposals for session presentations for the 2013 National Conference to take place January 17-19, 2013. Presentation proposals (including proposals for panels) should address issues relevant to college and university orchestra directors, including topics such as:
- Conducting Pedagogy & Pedagogical Resources
- Rehearsal Techniques
- Instrumental Techniques (i.e. bowings, section intonation, balance and blend, etc.)
- Repertoire, Editions, Errata
- College/University orchestra management and budgeting (i.e. auditions, seating, use of student staff, library issues, etc)
- Professional life in academia (i.e. tenure and promotion, faculty governance, collaboration, curricula, professional development, etc.)
- Scholarship and research
- International college & university conducting topics/issues (i.e. conducting/recruiting/touring abroad, international collaborations, opportunities for conductors abroad, etc.)
CODA looks to host sessions that will represent issues relevant to a variety of college/university models, both in the United States and abroad, ranging from small service departments to large graduate programs that will address a large variety of topics.
Applicants should submit only the following materials electronically:
- An abstract of the presentation.
- A brief bio of the presenter.
- Complete contact information. [including email and cell phone number]
Application materials should be sent electronically via attachment to:
Dr. Anthony G. Holland
no later than June 10, 2012.
Applications received after that date will not be accepted. Selected presenters will be notified no later than July 10, 2012.